FRP membrane housings are used as accessories to protect reverse osmosis membranes. They can be divided into two types: seam and seamless. The end caps are made of ABS and stainless steel and are sealed with silicone O-rings, which have high sealing performance and long service life. The water inlet and outlet have the end and side inlets. The membrane shell is divided into ferrule type, flange type, and built-in type. The shell is made of 304 seamless stainless steel tube. It has good sealing performance, high-pressure resistance, no aging, and easy installation and cleaning of the membrane.
The quality of the water pretreatment of the reverse osmosis membrane shell directly affects the service life of the reverse osmosis membrane. Regardless of whether the water quality of the feedwater is surface water or groundwater, it will contain some organic and inorganic pollutants. If these pollutants are directly fed into the reverse osmosis system for operation without pretreatment, those pollutants and suspended solids will remain in the membrane. On the surface, the flow channel is blocked, the pressure of the membrane element increases, the water production, and the salt rejection rate decrease, and even serious consequences such as membrane fouling or membrane damage are caused.
What matters need to be ensured when using FRP membrane shell pressure vessel:
1. Ensure enough assembly space to provide enough space for the installation of pressure vessels and membrane elements.
2. Ensure the horizontal support and reliable fixing of the span recommended by the manufacturer.
3. Ensure that the pressure vessel is fixed and the piping connection is flexible and bufferable.
4. Make sure to coat the sealing ring with lubricant. Glycerin is recommended.
5. Ensure that the piping is freely connected to the raw water outlet and concentrated water outlet of the side-connected pressure vessel.
6. Ensure that the tightening pitch of all bolts, nuts, and pipe plugs is less than 50% of the relevant engineering drawings.
7. It is forbidden to bear the weight of the piping by the pressure vessel.
8. It is forbidden for FRP membrane shell products to have any leakage or endplate components that are often in a wet state during use.
DTRO Membrane Housings
What are the instructions for use and maintenance requirements for DTRO Membrane Housings?
1. The cold and hot shrinkage expansion rate of the FRP membrane shell is small. Please observe the rated design pressure index during use and use it within the allowable value range. Long-term overpressure operation is strictly prohibited.
2. The use temperature of FRP membrane shell is generally within -7℃—49℃, and it is strictly forbidden to work under the conditions beyond this temperature range.
3. The back pressure of the purified water outlet at the two ends shall not exceed 125PSI.
4. Strictly comply with the pressure levels of various media, such as clean water, sewage, seawater, etc. If you use water with special media, please communicate with the product supplier in advance to avoid accidents.
5. When the system is working or there is pressure in the membrane shell, it is strictly prohibited to knock, disassemble, or move the membrane shell. The surrounding vibration source environment must be strictly controlled.
6. The upper part of the membrane shell cannot be used as a load-bearing body to exert pressure and gravity, and can not exert pressure on the corresponding accessories of the membrane shell.
7. Cleaning. In order to ensure that the inner surface of the membrane is clean, please use neutral cleaning fluid to clean it. It is strictly prohibited to use concentrated hydrochloric acid, concentrated sulfuric acid, etc. as cleaning fluid.